Having a lack of confidence in children, makes the parents worrisome. Parents have a doubt of how they can encourage their child to develop strong relationships and develop good interpersonal skills at the Best Boarding School in India. One of the best and effective ways to boost their confidence is by helping them develop a healthy sense of self-esteem. Here are some of the many ways which can help in building independence and confidence in children. The reason to develop is the same is because confident children are less likely to suffer from emotional problems and also they are able to deal with challenges rather than harming themselves. Confidence is considered as one of the key foundations of a child’s well-being and most important trait to be successful as an adult.
1. Encourage and praise your child: Children who are regularly praised and encouraged for their efforts and performance at their home and also at their Best Co-ed Boarding School in India are believed to have high levels of self-confidence, which then inspires them to try harder and achieve more. Children who are often criticised and scorned usually have low self esteem and are more likely to give up easily and achieve less.
2. Communication is the key: It’s very important to make your child learn how to communicate as it will help him/her in feeling more secure and confident. This will more likely allow them to share their problems with you. Whenever a child talks about a problem, the teachers at the Best Co-ed Residential School in Dehradun and the parents must take it seriously even if they consider it no big deal. Discussing the problems openly and encouraging your child to consider possible solutions, helps in increasing their confidence.
3. Show interest in your child’s activities: Talking and discussing with your child about his/her school work, the activities outside school, and his/her interests, will increase self-esteem. They will have the confidence wherein they will feel that they have unique talents and abilities. On the other hand, if a parent shows little interest in their child’s activities then he/she will feel as if they are not important and that their abilities are not as good as those of other children. Attending school functions in which your child participates encourages them and boosts their self confidence.
4. Create a safe and loving environment: Children who don’t feel safe or are abused at home are at the significant risk for developing low self esteem. Children who are exposed to parents who fight and argue repeatedly may feel they have no control over their environment. They may become helpless or depressed. Also, parents must watch for signs if their child has been abused by others or if they have any problems in school that may affect their self-esteem. Parents and teachers at Best Boarding School in India must encourage the children to talk it out about solving problems that are too big to solve by themselves.
5. Allow room for self-expression: Children should be allowed and taught to express their feelings. In the Best Co-ed Boarding School in India as well as at home, teachers and parents should allow them to express their feelings and not get angry at them. There should always be a balance between controlling and expressing feelings. Parents should make their child learn about the difference between devastating emotional outbursts and being allowed to express their emotions calmly. If you child is keeping calm during times of stress then it is a sign of maturity. This skill develops in those children who learn positive self expression.
6. Encourage your child to develop new skills: Parents should give their child the right opportunity to learn and master new skills. For instance, encouraging your child to tie their shoe lace, dress themselves, put their plate away after eating or learn to read a new book will also help them in gaining confidence. These skills also give them a sense of accomplishing something and it will make them feel successful. These basic goals will set them up to achieve bigger and more complex goals as they get older. Instilling new skills will help them to recognise their strengths and will also allow them to deal with challenges.
7. Teach resilience at the Best Co-ed Residential School in Dehradun: It’s very important to teach children to be resilient. Tell them that no one succeeds at everything all the time. They must be aware about setbacks and failures, criticism and pain. Parents must use all these barriers as learning experiences for children rather than thinking about events of failures or disappointments. This helps children learn to trust their feelings while feeling comfortable to share them. Children must be taught that setbacks are a normal part of their life and that they can be managed. If your child under performs in any test, don’t shout on them or tell them that they will never be a good reader. In fact, parents should talk about what steps they can take to do better next time.