Parents are considered as the foremost teacher of their children and they play a very crucial role in shaping up their character as well. A balance of learning at home and Best Boarding School in India moulds a student’s actual learning. Parental encouragement plays an important role in the success of their children. The role of parents is just not confined to home but also in the school activities that take place from time to time. Any student’s education scale is very much related to how they are dealt with at home. But somehow working parents do feel burdened while managing their office work along with their child’s education. They seem to have to carry the weight of meeting deadlines at the office, manage the household chores and be a full-time in charge parent, with little to no support.
It’s very significant when parents and families are involved in their children’s schools, as they tend to do better and have better feelings about going to school. There are many ways in which working parents can support their children’s learning at home and throughout the school year. Here are some of the best ideas that can help the working parents to get started with their child’s education from the Best Girls boarding school in Dehradun.
- Encourage your child to be responsible and work independently: Parents must motivate and encourage their children to take responsibility and work independently which are considered to be important qualities for their success. Parents should help their children to develop these qualities by establishing rational rules that can be imposed consistently thus making it clear to the children that he/she has to take responsibility for what they do both at home and at the Best Co-ed Boarding School in India. For working parents, they can give their child the responsibility of checking in with them by phone to discuss their study plans.
- Encourage active learning: Children need both active learning as well as quiet learning such as reading and doing homework. Parents should encourage active learning which mainly involves asking and answering questions, solving problems and exploring interests. Active learning also can take place when your child plays sports, spends time with friends, acts in a school play, plays any musical instrument or visits museums or libraries. In order to promote active learning among children parents must listen to their ideas and respond to them. Let your child ask questions and put up his/her opinions when and where required. Whenever parents encourage this type of give-and-take with their children, it helps in increasing their participation and interest in Best Boarding School in India as well.
- Establish a positive attitude about education to your children: Whatever the parents say and do in their daily lives can help their children in developing a positive attitude toward school and learning thus building confidence in themselves as learners. Manifesting your children about the value of education and to use it in their daily lives provides them with powerful models and contributes greatly to their success in school. In addition, by showing interest in their children’s education, parents and families can initiate interest in them and lead them to a very pivotal understanding that learning can be enjoyable as well as rewarding and is worth the effort required.
- Attend parent-teacher conferences and keep in touch with your child’s teacher: Parents must keep in touch with the teachers of their child’s school. Along with that, the Best Girls boarding school in Dehradun usually conducts one or two parent-teacher conferences every year, wherein parents can take out their time to meet the teachers and know about their child’s progress in the school. Also, working parents can also ask to meet with your child’s teacher any time during the year. If any parent has any concern and can’t meet face-to-face, then they can give them a call and know about their child’s performance.
- Make Time for Your Kids: Last but not the least it is very important to take some time out for your child. Kids who aren’t getting the attention they want from their parents often act out or behave badly because they’re sure to be noticed that way. Many parents find it pleasing to plan out some time together with their kids. Adolescents seem to need less attention from their parents than the younger ones. The Best Co-ed Boarding School in India believes that because there are less opportunities for parents and students to get together, parents should do their best to make some time out when their children do express a desire to talk or participate in varied activities. Don’t feel guilty if you’re a working parent. It is some of the many small things you do that children will remember for their life.