Best CBSE Boarding School in Dehradun can be a great learning experience for children to undergo a distinctive education environment which is both challenging and academically encouraging at the same time. Boarding schools offer its students with many ample opportunities which helps them to inculcate their interpersonal skills while also preparing them for the challenges of adulthood. As the joining day of your child to boarding school approaches, there are a lot of preparations that need to be done. Apart from packing the clothes and other personal belongings, there are other things that parents should consider discussing with their children which make him/her mentally and physically prepared to enter a new life. Here are some of the crucial tips to help your child prepare for boarding school and settle in once they’ve arrived.
1. Coping with homesickness: The first and foremost thing that any parent should talk about with their children is on how to cope with homesickness. Homesickness is never easy to tackle with, but carrying along comforts from home to the top CBSE Boarding School in Dehradun can pacify your child. It’s very obvious that your child may not be used to being away from home for such a long period of time also he/she will need to get used to their new environment. Perhaps, studying in a school which has a diverse student community from around the world can help them to the desire for the comforts and familiarity of home. It’s very important for parents to make their child realise how normal and common is homesickness and assure them that you are always a call away.
2. Make them aware about the positive opportunities of staying in a boarding school: Try and construct positive opportunities for your child to stay away happily from home. Also always be aware about your child’s stage of development. Make them practice to sleep alone so as to overcome their fear. Let your child know that going to a boarding school in Dehradun CBSE will not be a disappointment to them. Along with this encourage your child and prepare him/her mentally to adjust with a few basic things and make friends with his roommate.
3. Set up a routine: To prepare a child mentally for a boarding school is as important as preparing him physically for the same. While your child may be aware that life at a boarding school tends to be more organised and disciplined, you can help in making them live in a similar lifestyle before living on campus. This helps in smooth transition into their new lifestyle. Waking up early and having their meals at specific times, or packing their belongings will help them adapt to the new life.
4. Familiarise them with the Best CBSE Boarding School in Dehradun: It is very important to familiarise your child with the school which he/she will soon be attending. All this involves a lot more than just going through the school’s website. Scheduling campus visits with your child and making him/her meet the faculty and staff of the school also comforts the child.
5. Encourage organisation: Assist your child in taking responsibility for themselves and their own personal items so that when they enter into their boarding schools in Dehradun CBSE life. Encouraging them to pack and unpack their own school bag while also teaching them good habits like organising their own clothes, washing them regularly, organising their wardrobe and taking care of their books will help them a lot once they will enter into the boarding life.
No matter at whichever point you are at, making a tender and proactive approach to prepare your child for the Best CBSE Boarding School in Dehradun can be very crucial. Much significance is placed on preparing the students academically but character building is equally important. Prospering in a boarding environment needs a distinct skill and mindset.