Social Networking has become an important part of a student’s social life. It is now considered as a learning platform which helps in improving student engagement and capabilities in several Best Boarding School in Dehradun. Such platforms provide school children the opportunity to connect, get in touch, access information, and research. In today’s global era of connected learning, the influence of social media platforms on our education system is becoming a strong controlling factor. Social Media which is considered as one of the strongest mediums of communication in the 21st century helps people to connect from far places. It consists of online technology platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, WhatsApp among many others. With the massive use of technology, the world has merely become a small place. The type of technology mentioned here really transpires mainly the social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat. Several schools are also using these platforms to provide information.
Social Media has many positive effects on education including better communication, timely information, socializing online, learning, enhancing skills, making a career among others. But the same has some negative effects which include identity theft, cyber bullying, and social isolation. Let’s discuss in length the most crucial aspects of Social Media; both positive and negative to get a clear picture of its impact on education.
Let’s see the positive effects of Social Media :
- Encourage Online Learning: With the advance use of Social Media platforms in boarding school Dehradun,the students get encouraged and motivated to learn. Educational videos on YouTube, The use of YouTube to watch educational videos, easy access to e-books, online notes, learning via video calling are some of the major aspects which contribute to educational development. Distance learning which is one of the best ways to learn from a reputed organisation by being at any location is what Social Media has made possible. In fact, there are many study groups online of different subjects that students can join and gain knowledge from the same.
- Enhances Academic Performance: Another crucial impact of Social Media helps to enhance student academic performance and increase their knowledge through data and information gathering. When students are assigned with projects in Sports boarding school in Dehradun , they go through various online platforms to gather information so as to find solutions to their assignment.
- Enhances Creative Element : Social Media helps in enhancing creative skills in children by allowing them to learn and later execute the same by doing it themselves. Quite often a student’s hidden talent is revealed when he/she starts to take pictures and use online editing skills to make it look aesthetically appealing. Lot of youngsters are also engaged in creating videos for YouTube. A lot of students have interesting hobbies that they post online via videos and photographs which helps them to realise their potential for making it a career. Social media usage in any classroom can be a great source of education which enables to inspire students to obtain knowledge. If the online technology is used in the right way in boarding school Dehradun it helps in achieving the right kind of education. Social Media platforms help in improving one’s social skills, writing skills which helps in achieving one’s educational pursuits!
Along with so many positive aspects of Social Media on education, the same has quite a few negative impacts too. Let’s have a look at them as well.
- Causes Distraction: Social Media platforms are a major factor that are leading to distraction and hindrance of mind. These days students tend to lose their focus from studying and rather enjoy browsing on Social Media. All of this leads to wastage of time without learning anything from it. Most of the time, students are incapable of submitting their work in the specified time frame because they are more focussed on using Social Media platforms.
- Impact on Health: Use of social media sites with sheer negligence can have mental as well as physical effects on one’s health. Students do not take their meals on time, do not take proper rest and by continuously being on phone or laptop can also have adverse effects on their eyes. Such acts make students lazy and unmotivated to study or even go out and meet people. It is advisable for parents as well as Best Boarding School in Dehradun to keep an eye on what their children are doing while using the internet. Too much use of Social Media can have adverse effects on students’ minds and they may also be exposed to bad posture, eye strain, physical and mental stress.
- Reduces learning and research capability : With the extensive use of Social Media, students these days are depending more on such platforms to gain information and knowledge rather than looking out for the same in books, journals or notes. As it is easy to extract information online, reading habits of students along with their learning and research capabilities are reducing.
Thus, Sports boarding school in Dehradun makes sure that students make use of such social media platforms with sincerity and that they do not waste their time browsing useless things on the same. Learning and several extra curricular activities are encouraged via such channels through which students get motivated to score high in every aspect of life.