Symptoms of stress and anxiety are very common these days among adults as well as in children of the Best Girls boarding school in Dehradun. An even larger number of children undergo stress that does not count as an anxiety disorder. All children and young people get anxious at times, and this is a normal part of their growing process as they grow up and develop their survival skills and face the challenges of the real world. There are many ways in which you can help your child to manage their anxiety and stress. If you feel your child’s anxiety is not getting any better or is getting worse, and your efforts have not worked, please make sure to take him/her for professional guidance. Below mentioned are some of the common yet ignored suggestions that can help you to get deal with your child’s stress and anxiety.
1. Encourage your child to conquer the fears and not run away from them: It’s very natural that when we are afraid of any particular thing or situation, we try and avoid the same. However, the Top Girls CBSE Boarding School in Dehradun suggest that avoidance of anxiety-provoking situations may lead to an increase in the anxiety. Instead, if a child conquers his or her fears, the child will learn that the anxiety reduces naturally on its own over time. Thus, it’s very crucial to allow your child to not run away from his fears, rather conquer them.
2. Aware your child of the fact that it is okay to be imperfect: “Nobody is Perfect”. Often, parents pressurise their children to succeed in sports, academics and all that comes in their plate at the Best CBSE Boarding School in India. But sometimes we as parents tend to forget that kids need to be kids. This does not mean that striving is not important. It is important to encourage your child to work hard but equally important to accept and embrace your child’s mistakes and faults.
3. Schedule relaxing activities: Kids need time to relax. But sometimes even fun activities, like sports, art & craft etc can become more about success than they are about fun. Instead, it is important to ensure that your child engages in activity only for the sake of fun. This may include scheduling time each day for your child to play with toys, play a game, play a sport, do yoga or anything that makes him happy and not competitive from inside.
4. Practice with them the approach behaviour, self-care, and positive thinking: It’s natural for a child to do what his/her parents do. So if a parent avoids anxiety-provoking situations, so will their child. If a parent faces fears, the same will be done by their child. Similarly, if parents take care of themselves and schedule a time for their own needs, their child will learn that self-care is an important part of life. Children learn behaviours and deal with situations from watching their parents. The Best Girls boarding school in Dehradun advises that before thinking about your child’s mental well-being, think about your own as well.
5. Build them a coping kit: If you want to empower your child to work through his worries, you have to help him learn a variety of coping skills. One thing that helps children to deal with stress and anxiety is by having a definite list of strategies to use when having the same. Trying things that are taught at the Top Girls CBSE Boarding School in Dehradun like deep breathing, use of a stress ball, progressive muscle relaxation, writing things out, talking about worries and reframing thoughts or getting help from an adult helps a lot. All of these factors act as a coping kit for a child in times of stress and anxiety.
6. Practice Mindfulness: Mindfulness is another approach that is practised at the Best CBSE Boarding School in India and is helpful in teaching children to become more relaxed and focused as it helps to calm their mind while becoming aware of their own body. In addition to strengthening their ability to focus, mindfulness helps kids with listening, slowing down, and remaining calm during stressful situations.