Tula's concern for its students reflects that it has a separate counselling centre. Life skill and value-based education classes are a part of the residential school timetable covering most of the issues concerning teenagers and the challenges of living in a boarding school in Dehradun. These sessions allow students to share their hopes, insecurities and problems with trained counsellors who deal with their issues effectively. At this modern Gurukul school in Dehradun, all teachers have been trained to be sensitive to the students' needs besides carrying out their academic duties.
Students are often faced with the dilemma of choosing the right career. An effective career guidance program is designed for students to make effective decisions about their future. TIS organises various tests and exposes children to opportunities to help them make the right subject choices. This allows students to choose suitable careers for themselves for a bright future.
Research shows that students generally rely on their parents, teachers, friends, and academic performance for guidelines and suggestions regarding their career choice. However, we at Tula's International School feel that if a student chooses a career that is in sync with their Aptitude, Interest and Personality, they are likely to be more productive and successful in life.
Counselor at School:
Tula's International School has come up with a career program that helps in providing the students with career guidance information on the school premises.
1. Guide students to make career decisions
2. Creating awareness about several career options in Science, Commerce and Arts.
3. Providing detailed information on various careers to students on demand.
4. Administer Career Assessments tests- Aptitude – Interest – Personality.
5. Providing counselling to students.
Benefits of Career Counseling:
It will help students in:
- Increasing Self-esteem and Confidence
- Developing a lifetime enthusiasm for learning
- Developing positive communication and social skills
- Developing critical thinking and decision-making skills - Working with peers and in teams
- Training them to protect themselves from harmful influences and peer pressure
- Empowering them to plan their careers and choose a profession they will enjoy
- Getting a better understanding of their strengths and weakness
- Giving them the confidence to take up challenging tasks without inhibition of performance-related issues
Preparation for Competitive Exams
With increasing competition among students, entrance examinations have become a transparent and dependable method to admit the creme de la creme of the lot. A competitive exam is very different from preparing for a regular subjective or a theory paper.
At Tula’s International School, we make the students start preparing for an entrance exam early. The IIT-JEE, considered one of the toughest, has students beginning as early as class IX. Students create their preparations from Class XI for the medical entrance, CA CPT, and the various national law entrance exams. BBA, hotel management, mass communication and some of the other such entrance exams are mostly aptitude based and thus, students are well prepared for them.
- Delivering competitive assignments every Saturday to the students
- Syllabus is designed per the syllabus of the IIT/JEE/PMT exams
- Conducting regular mock tests for the students
- Practice MCQs after completion of every topic/subject
- Conduction of special remedial classes or doubt sessions every week.