Confluence is the annual cultural fest of Tula’s International School, Dehradun in which a no. of events are organized with students of different schools participating in. Confluence derives its name from the very qualities it hopes to exemplify Creativity, Excellence, and talent among its participants and organizers alike. It hosts a variety of cultural events broadly split up into Performing arts, Literary arts and Fine arts along with a variety of fun informal events for students to showcase their skills. Excellence and talent among its participants and organizers alike.
Under Confluence, school organizes Inter School Musical, Cultural as well as Dance competitions under seven categories which are as follows:
1. Symphony – Solo Instrumental Performance
2. Vibrations – Group Dance
3. Crescendo – The Battle Of Bands
4. Canvas – Painting
5. Speakup – Debate
6. Futurelens – Movie –Making
7. Adverto – Ad Bag
- Change of participants is not permitted under any circumstances after the 12th of August.
- Each participating school will be charged a nominal registration fee of Rs. 300 per participant.
- Lunch will be provided to participants, escort students and teachers by the host school.
- A total of 2 helping / escort students and a maximum of two teachers are allowed per school.
- Participants must remain incognito. No school uniform will be permitted. No mention must be made of the name(s) of the participating school(s) during any event.
- Students participation number will be provided to each participating school for each event.
- Participants are instructed to bring their own make up kits, dresses, instruments and necessary things, school will not provide them anything besides Drum set.
- The decisions of the judges shall be final and binding.
Cresendo (War Of Bands)
For all those rock stars who aspire to greatness and want to make the crowd rock to your music, Confluence ’17 invites you to show you madness and spread the rock magic on stage. So all the rock bands are welcome to show your talent!!
Symphony (Solo Instrumental Performance)
Are you the next great instrumentalist? Perform a solo that showcases your musical talents. Your performance can be an all-out jam session where everything is spontaneous and creative, or a composed and orchestrated recital. It’s all about creating a great video and generating Buzz.
Vibrations Group Dance
“Dance” is not only a form of art but its also a mood booster for someone or passion of other.
So if you think that your dancing hobby or passion needs a platform to showcase itself and have a bunch of friends following the same.
Its time to register yourself for Confluence 2017 to be the best.
“Painting is just another way of keeping a diary.” It is an infinitely minute part of one’s personality. With painting, the key is to keep things fresh and exciting right up to the end so that the whole process allows you to express your inner self and thereby develop an individuality of approach and a personal style.
For good ideas and true innovation, you need human interaction, conflict, argument, debate. Debates are a great way for students to get involved in class. Speaking and listening, oral language, are at the foundation of literacy, and debate requires both speaking and listening. Debates are one way to increase both skills in the classroom.
Futurelens (Movie Making)
Filmmaking is a chance to live many lifetimes. It’s very important to recognize talent in all facets of filmmaking. Making a movie is such a lengthy and intense experience, so it’s wonderful to honor actors, directors, producers and all crew members who put so much hard work and passion into a project.